Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Servings: 5-6 waffles
- 3 cups unsweetened alternative milk of choice, room temperature
- 4 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 3 ½ cups all-purpose flour, spooned & leveled
- ½ cup almond flour, spooned & leveled
- 1 scoop Ascent Chocolate Peanut Butter Plant Protein powder
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon fine sea salt
- ½ cup (1 stick) unsalted vegan butter, melted
- ¾ cup vegan mini chocolate chips
Maple syrup, vegan butter, sliced bananas, and toasted peanuts
- Preheat oven to 200°F.
- To a small mixing bowl add milk and apple cider vinegar. Whisk to combine and set aside for 5 minutes to activate.
- To a large mixing bowl add all-purpose flour, almond flour, Ascent Chocolate Peanut Butter Plant Protein powder, baking powder, sugar, and salt. Whisk to combine.
- Add milk mixture and melted butter to the dry ingredients. Whisk until just combined (the batter will look a bit lumpy and that’s ok).
- Use a spatula to fold mini chocolate chips into the batter.
- Cook the waffles in batches in a preheated waffle iron that has been coated with cooking spray. (Note, we used a Belgian waffle maker and used 1 cup batter per batch).
- Place waffles on a baking sheet and place into the oven to keep warm while you make the other waffles.
- Serve with desired toppings!
- Place cooked waffles in a freezer friendly container and bag. Place in the freezer and reheat in the oven or place in a toaster for a quick and easy breakfast on-the-go!