Last Modified: January 1, 2022
If you are a user in the European Union, Ascent Protein acts as the data controller for the personal information we collect and use from you via our Website. If you have a query about how your Personal Information is being used, you can contact the data controller through the General Counsel, whose contact details appear below.
1. What information do we collect and process?
We collect two basic types of information from you in conjunction with your use of the Website – Personal Information and non-Personal Information.
“Personal information” is any information that can individually identify you and includes, as an illustrative example and without limitation, your name, postal address, email address, telephone number, etc.
“Non-Personal Information” includes information that does not personally identify you, but may include, as an illustrative example and without limitation, tracking and usage information about your location, use of the Website and the Internet, etc.
There are a number of circumstances in which you voluntarily supply us with your Personal Information. The following lists the most common ways in which we collect your Personal Information:
- Registration for an account on the Website;
- Submission of Personal Information when doing business with us;
- Submission of employment-related information provided on job applications submitted through the Website or electronically, including, for example, job preferences, work history, and other Personal Information
- Submission of employment-related information as it relates to our Human Resources Department
- Submission of employment-related information for LinkedIn referrals;
- Sign up to receive information, promotional information, or related services from us;
- Participation on social media accounts involving Ascent Protein;
- Submission of questions, comments, or feedback through the Website, or otherwise;
- Any other place on the Website where you knowingly volunteer Personal Information.
Social Media Sites
When you interact with a Ascent Protein account on or through a social media platform, such as Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, TikTok, Pinterest, Twitter, or LinkedIn, we collect the Personal Information that you make available to us on that page or account, including your user ID and/or username, and any information you have made public in connection with that social media service. Please note, however, that we will comply with the privacy policies of the corresponding social media platform and we will only collect and store such Personal Information that we are permitted to collect by these social media platforms.
Our Website includes social media widgets, such as Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, Twitter, and LinkedIn widgets. These features collect information about your IP address and which page you’re visiting on our Website, and they may set a cookie to make sure their features function properly. Social media features and widgets are either hosted by a third party or hosted directly on our Website. Your interactions with those features are governed by the privacy policies of the companies that provide them.
Children’s Online Privacy
Ascent Protein respects the privacy of children, and we are committed to complying with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA). We do not intentionally collect Personal Information from children. If you are under the age of thirteen (13), you may not register for an account on the Website. If we learn that a child under 13 has provided Personal Information to us without verification of parental consent, we will take commercially reasonable steps to delete that information.
If you are under 16 years of age and reside in the European Union, you must provide an email address for your parent or legal guardian, and before you can access or use the Website, Leprino Foods must receive your parent’s or legal guardian’s express consent. You will not receive access or the ability to use the Website, and we will not collect additional Personal Information from you, until we receive your parent’s or legal guardian’s consent. Your parent or legal guardian may revoke consent at any time, and Ascent Protein will take reasonable steps to delete all Personal Information collected from you. Ascent Protein will also provide your parent or legal guardian with the ability to request to review your Personal Information, prohibit further collection of your Personal Information, and delete, or instruct the deletion of, your Personal Information.
Some information is automatically received and sometimes collected from you when you visit or use the Website. The following lists the most common information that is automatically received or collected:
- The name of the domain and host from which you access the Internet, including the Internet Protocol (IP) address of the device you are using and/or the IP address of your Internet Service Provider (ISP);
- The type and version of Internet browser software you use and your operating system;
- Websites visited before or after you visit our Website;
- The date and time you access the Website, the length of your stay, and the specific pages that you access while visiting the Website; and
- Information concerning the country of origin of your device and the language(s) used by it.
We use this information to help monitor the usage of our Website, assess performance, ensure technological compatibility with your device, and understand the relative importance of the information provided on the Website. We may also use this data to conduct statistical analyses on visitors’ usage patterns and other aggregated data.
When you interact with the Website, we automatically receive and record information on our server logs from your browser, including your IP address, “cookie” information, and the page you requested.
Cookies and other tracking technologies are comprised of small bits of data that often include a de-identified or anonymous unique identifier. Websites, apps and other services send this data to your browser when you first request a web page and then store the data on your computer so the website can access information when you make subsequent requests for pages from that service. We may use these technologies to collect and store information about your usage of the Website (such as the pages you have visited, content you have viewed, search queries you have run, and advertisements you have seen), which information is then used to understand your preferences so as to enable us to provide you with improved services in future visits, and to compile aggregate data about site traffic and interactions so that we can offer better experiences and tools in the future.
We, as well as third-party vendors acting on our behalf (such as Google), may use first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookies) and third-party cookies (such as the Shopify cookie) or other third-party identifiers to gather anonymous analytics and statistics about our Website and how it is being used by our visitors so we can improve our Website. Our web server storage logs may collect the domain names, internet protocol addresses, the types of web browsers, and certain data of visitors to the website.
Data about your activities online may be collected for use in providing advertising tailored to your individual interests, either by us, our affiliates, or third parties. We may work with third parties such as network advertisers and ad exchanges to serve advertisements across the internet and may use third party analytics service providers to evaluate and provide us and/or third parties with information about the use of these ads on third party websites and viewing of ads and of our content.
We and these third-party vendors, including Google, may use third-party technologies (such as a Facebook Custom Audience Pixel, and Shopify Custom Audience Pixel) together with our own first party technologies in order to analyze ad impressions, your use of ad services, and interactions with these ad impressions and ad services. The information collected may also include information about your visits to our Websites, including the pages you have viewed and what content you have seen. These third-party tracking technologies may be set to, among other things: (a) help deliver advertisements to you that you might be interested in; (b) prevent you from seeing the same advertisements too many times; and (c) understand the effectiveness of the advertisements that have been delivered to you.
You can opt out of certain advertising by visiting the Network Advertising Initiative consumer opt out page at http://optout.networkadvertising.org/, by using the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on available at https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout, or by visiting the Digital Advertising Alliance’s opt-out page at https://www.aboutads.info/choices. Please note, at this time we do not respond to browser-based “do not track” signals.
Most browsers are initially set to accept cookies, but you can change your settings to notify you when a cookie is being set or updated, or to block cookies altogether. Please consult the “Help” section of your browser for more information. Please note that by blocking any or all cookies, you may not have access to certain features, content, or personalization available through the Website.
Email and Other Communications
We may contact you by email or other means at an email address that you have provided to us. For example, we may send you our newsletter, promotional offers, or respond to your inquiries. If you do not want to receive email from us, please let us know through the “unsubscribe” feature included in our communications.
2. How do we use your information?
As non-limiting examples, we use the information we collect from and about you in the following ways:
- Providing the features, products and services you request: We may use the information we collect about you to fulfill your requests for, and enable your use of, our features, products and services.
- Registration and promotions: We may use your information to register you for certain features, products and services in line with your chosen marketing preferences.
- To communicate with you and provide you with information: We may use your information to communicate with you, to respond to your questions or comments, to provide you with updates and news, or to alert you when job vacancies that fit your profile arise (in the event that you submit your resume). We also may use your information to provide you with personalized content and information, and to send you brochures, samples, offers, and other information concerning Ascent Protein
- When we perform our obligations under a contract with you: We may use your information when you work for us either as an employee or a service provider or apply for a job with us as necessary in connection with your contract of employment or services agreement. If you are a customer, client, or a user of our services we will use your Personal Information to carry out our obligations under the contract that we have with you.
- To deliver to you relevant advertising: We may purchase and use opt-in e-mail lists to contact potential customers who we believe may be interested in products or services from Ascent Protein. We will honor opt-out requests and ask those providing lists to give us assurances that e-mail contact information is provided only for those consumers who have expressed a desire to receive offers and information by e-mail.
- To provide you with other offers: Sometimes we will make offers and information available to you through the mail. For example, when customers place an online order or sign up for to receive information online we may add them to the list to receive information by mail. We may also use lists we have received from third parties or public sources to send you this information, and, as is routinely done in the mailing list business, may exchange names and addresses (but not e-mail addresses absent consent) of our customers with companies who may also contact you by mail. You may “opt-out” of receiving offline communications from us any time.
- To improve our websites, features, products and services: We may use the information that we collect to improve Ascent Protein product offerings, services, as well as our websites and features.
We will store your information only for as long as we need to use your information for the above purposes.
3. How do we share and disclose your information?
We may make your information available to certain third-party service providers, such as contractors, vendors, or distributors who help us manage or provide services offered on our Website, such as hosting, analytics, customer service, etc. We may need to share your Personal Information with them, but we require that all of our service providers keep Personal Information confidential and not disclose it to third parties and not use it for any other purpose.
We may also use or disclose your Personal Information if required to do so by law or in the good-faith belief that such action is necessary to (a) conform to applicable law or comply with legal process served on us or the Website; (b) respond to requests from public and government authorities; (c) protect and defend our rights or property, the Website, or our users; or (d) act under emergency circumstances to protect the personal safety of us, our affiliates, agents, the users of the Website, or the public.
Merger, Sale, Or Bankruptcy
If we sell all or part of our business, or make a sale or transfer of our assets, or are otherwise involved in a merger or transfer of all or a material part of our business, or are involved in a bankruptcy, Ascent Protein may transfer your information to the party or parties involved as part of that transaction.
If you are a California resident and have an established business relationship with us, you can request a notice disclosing the categories of Personal Information we have shared with third parties, if any, for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes, during the preceding calendar year. To request a notice, please submit your request to the contact information provided below. California law permits residents of California to opt-out of Ascent Protein’s disclosure of Personal Information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. You may choose to opt-out of the sharing of your Personal Information with third parties for marketing purposes at any time by submitting a request in writing to the contact information provided below. Please note that this opt-out does not prohibit disclosure made for non-marketing purposes. California law permits residents of California to opt-out of Ascent Protein’s sale of their personal data to other businesses or third-parties. You may choose to opt-out of these sales of your Personal Information with businesses or third parties at any time by submitting a request in writing to the contact information provided below.
How Information is Stored and Processed
Personal information collected on our Website, or received by Ascent Protein from you or third parties, may be stored and processed in the United States or any other country where we or our service providers maintain facilities.
International Transfer of Information
If you choose to provide us with Personal Information, we may transfer that information to our affiliates and subsidiaries or to other third parties, across borders, and from your country or jurisdiction to other countries or jurisdictions around the world in accordance with legal requirements. Ascent Protein uses European Union Commission Standard Contractual Clauses for data transfers from the European Union to countries outside the European Economic Area.
Employment-related information and queries may be transferred to any associate of Ascent Protein. By visiting this Website and submitting information, you consent to such collection, processing, transfer, and/or storage of your Personal Information.
4. How do we secure your information?
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. We use commercially reasonable efforts to protect your Personal Information collected, used, stored, shared, or transferred through the Website from access, loss, misuse, alteration, or destruction by any unauthorized party. Please understand, however, that no transmission of data over the internet or any other public network can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. We do not promise, and you should not expect, that your Personal Information or private communications will always remain private. You are also responsible for taking reasonable steps to protect your information against unauthorized disclosure or misuse such as by maintaining the confidentiality of your username and password, and logging out of your account when not using the Website.
5. Links to or from other websites
6. Notice to non-U.S. users
As the Internet is a global environment, collecting and processing Personal Information may involve the transmission of this data internationally, including into and/or outside of the United States. Therefore, by communicating electronically with us, you acknowledge and agree to your personal data being processed in this way.
If you reside in the European Union, you have certain rights under the European Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”), including:
- The right to be informed of the Personal Information we collect and how we process and use that data;
- The right to request access to your Personal Information;
- The right to request that inaccurate Personal Information be rectified, or completed if incomplete;
- The right to request erasure of your Personal Information;
- The right to restrict our processing or use of your Personal Information;
- The right to obtain and reuse your Personal Information for your own purposes;
- The right to object to our processing or transferring your Personal Information;
- The right to withdraw your consent for us to use your Personal Information; and
- The right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority under the GDPR.
In response to receiving a request for one of the rights set forth above, Leprino Foods will timely comply with the request within the time periods set forth in the GDPR for each right. Several of the above rights are not absolute and apply only in certain circumstances. Ascent Protein will comply with requests for those rights as set forth in the GDPR. We are intent on resolving any issues relating to our handling of your Personal Information, and you may contact us at any time regarding any questions or concerns.
We do not make any decisions about you based on automated processing of your Personal Information.
8. Contests & Giveaways
You must be 18 years or older to enter into this giveaway. Winners must be located within the United States for shipping purposes and have a valid email address. Winners will be contacted via email. By entering to win, you agree to the privacy policies set forth by Ascent Protein. By entering to win you agree to receive marketing communications from Ascent Protein.
9. Contact Us
Ascent Protein | Leprino Foods Company
Attn: General Counsel
1830 W. 38th Avenue
Denver, CO 80211
What are Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies?
Cookies are small, commonly-used files that are transferred to your computer by us or a third-party when you allow your web browser to accept cookies. Similarly, we, or our third-party service providers, use web beacons, pixel tags or similar tracking technologies, which are typically small pieces of code placed on a web page to monitor behavior and collect certain data regarding the actions of our guests online. A cookie file stores information such as your IP address, information about the content you view, information about the content you provide so you don’t have to re-enter it each time you visit our Sites, and your preferences and settings. Cookies allow us or a third-party to recognize you and make your next visit to our Sites easier and more useful to you.
What Cookies Do We Use and Why
We use the following cookies: strictly necessary cookies, preference/functional cookies, performance cookies, advertising cookies, and analytics cookies.
Strictly necessary cookies. These cookies are essential in order to enable you to move around our Sites and use their features. These are temporary cookies that last only as long as your web browser is open, and are used for technical purposes such as enabling better navigation on our Sites. Without these cookies, services you have asked for cannot be provided. Once you close your browser, the cookie disappears.
Preference/Functional cookies: These cookies allow us to save and remember information about you that is already entered, in order to personalize the Sites for you based on your preferences and selections. Loss of information stored in a preference cookie may make the website experience less functional but should not prevent it from working.
Performance cookies: These cookies help enhance your experience when using our Sites by making them work and deliver services that you expect, such as navigating around our Sites’ pages or accessing secure areas of the Sites.
Advertising cookies: We use these cookies to make advertising more engaging to our users. When visiting our Sites, data about you and your online activities is collected and subsequently used to provide targeted ads. These ads are tailored to your individual interests, either by us, our affiliates, or third-parties. Some common applications of these cookies are to select advertising based on what is relevant to you and to avoid showing ads you have already seen.
What Are Your Choices Regarding Cookies
If you want to remove previously-stored cookies, you can manually delete the cookies at any time. However, this will not prevent the Sites from placing further cookies on your device unless and until you adjust your Internet browser setting as described above.
How to Contact Us
Ascent Protein | Leprino Foods Company
Attn: General Counsel
1830 W. 38th Avenue
Denver, CO 80211
PRIVACY NOTICE – CALIFORNIA
EFFECTIVE DATE: JANUARY 1, 2021
INFORMATION WE COLLECT
Ascent Protein collects information that identifies, relates to, describes, references, is capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular consumer or device (“personal information“). In particular, Leprino has collected the following categories of personal information from its consumers within the last twelve (12) months:
Personal information does not include:
- Publicly available information from government records.
- Deidentified or aggregated consumer information.
- Information excluded from the CCPA’s scope, like:
- health or medical information covered by the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) and the California Confidentiality of Medical Information Act (CMIA) or clinical trial data;
- personal information covered by certain sector-specific privacy laws, including the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FRCA), the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act (GLBA) or California Financial Information Privacy Act (FIPA), and the Driver’s Privacy Protection Act of 1994.
Ascent Protein obtains the categories of personal information listed above from the following categories of sources:
- Directly from you. For example, from forms you complete or products and services you purchase.
- Indirectly from you. For example, from observing your actions on our Website.
USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
SHARING PERSONAL INFORMATION
DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We disclose your personal information for a business purpose to the following categories of third parties:
- Service providers.
SALES OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
In the preceding twelve (12) months, Ascent Protein has not sold personal information.
YOUR RIGHTS AND CHOICES
The CCPA provides consumers (California residents) with specific rights regarding their personal information. This section describes your CCPA rights and explains how to exercise those rights.
ACCESS TO SPECIFIC INFORMATION AND DATA PORTABILITY RIGHTS
You have the right to request that we disclose certain information to you about our collection and use of your personal information over the past 12 months. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request, we will disclose to you:
- The categories of personal information we collected about you.
- The categories of sources for the personal information we collected about you.
- Our business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling that personal information.
- The categories of third parties with whom we share that personal information.
- The specific pieces of personal information we collected about you (also called a data portability request).
- If we sold or disclosed your personal information for a business purpose, two separate lists disclosing:
- sales, identifying the personal information categories that each category of recipient purchased; and
- disclosures for a business purpose, identifying the personal information categories that each category of recipient obtained.
DO NOT SELL MY INFORMATION
Ascent Protein will never sell your personal information to a third party. Please note that this does not stop Ascent Protein from distributing this information within our organization across business units. Furthermore, we can continue to provide data that does not meet the definition of personal information.
The sale of personal information does not include if you direct Ascent Protein to interact with a third party, the sharing of information is necessary to perform a business purpose and meets the other conditions specified, or the information is transferred as part of an asset in a merger, acquisition, bankruptcy or other change of control of Ascent Protein.
DELETION REQUEST RIGHTS
You have the right to request that we delete any of your personal information that we collected from you and retained, subject to certain exceptions. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request, we will delete (and direct our service providers to delete) your personal information from our records, unless an exception applies.
We may deny your deletion request if retaining the information is necessary for us or our service providers to:
- Complete the transaction for which we collected the personal information, provide a good or service that you requested, take actions reasonably anticipated within the context of our ongoing business relationship with you, or otherwise perform our contract with you;
- Detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, or prosecute those responsible for such activities;
- Debug products to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality.
- Exercise free speech, ensure the right of another consumer to exercise their free speech rights, or exercise another right provided for by law;
- Comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act (Cal. Penal Code § 1546 seq.);
- Engage in public or peer-reviewed scientific, historical, or statistical research in the public interest that adheres to all other applicable ethics and privacy laws, when the information’s deletion may likely render impossible or seriously impair the research’s achievement, if you previously provided informed consent;
- Enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with consumer expectations based on your relationship with us;
- Comply with a legal obligation; and
- Make other internal and lawful uses of that information that are compatible with the context in which you provided it.
EXERCISING ACCESS, DATA PORTABILITY, AND DELETION RIGHTS
To exercise the access, data portability, opt out, and deletion rights described above, please submit a verifiable consumer request to us in one of the following ways:
Ascent Protein | Leprino Foods Company
Attn: General Counsel
1830 W. 38th Avenue
Denver, CO 80211
Only you or a person registered with the California Secretary of State that you authorize to act on your behalf, may make a verifiable consumer request related to your personal information. You may also make a verifiable consumer request on behalf of your minor child.
You may only make a verifiable consumer request for access or data portability twice within a 12-month period. The verifiable consumer request must:
- Provide sufficient information that allows us to reasonably verify you are the person about whom we collected personal information or an authorized representative; and
- Describe your request with sufficient detail that allows us to properly understand, evaluate, and respond to it.
We cannot respond to your request or provide you with personal information if we cannot verify your identity or authority to make the request and confirm the personal information relates to you. Making a verifiable consumer request does not require you to create an account with us. We will only use personal information provided in a verifiable consumer request to verify the requestor’s identity or authority to make the request.
RESPONSE TIMING AND FORMAT
We endeavor to respond to a verifiable consumer request within 45 days of its receipt. If we require more time (up to 90 days), we will inform you of the reason and extension period in writing. If you have an account with us, we will deliver our written response to that account. If you do not have an account with us, we will deliver our written response by mail or electronically, at your option. Any disclosures we provide will only cover the 12-month period preceding the verifiable consumer request’s receipt. The response we provide will also explain the reasons we cannot comply with a request, if applicable. For data portability requests, we will select a format to provide your personal information that is readily useable and should allow you to transmit the information from one entity to another entity without hindrance.
We do not charge a fee to process or respond to your verifiable consumer request unless it is excessive, repetitive, or manifestly unfounded. If we determine that the request warrants a fee, we will tell you why we made that decision and provide you with a cost estimate before completing your request.
We will not discriminate against you for exercising any of your CCPA rights. Unless permitted by the CCPA, we will not:
- Deny you goods or services.
- Charge you different prices or rates for goods or services, including through granting discounts or other benefits, or imposing penalties.
- Provide you a different level or quality of goods or services.
- Suggest that you may receive a different price or rate for goods or services or a different level or quality of goods or services.
CHANGES TO OUR PRIVACY NOTICE
Ascent Protein reserves the right to amend this privacy notice at our discretion and at any time. When we make changes to this privacy notice, we will post the updated notice on our Website and update the notice’s effective date. Your continued use of our Website following the posting of changes constitutes your acceptance of such changes.
Ascent Protein | Leprino Foods Company
Attn: General Counsel
1830 W. 38th Avenue
Denver, CO 80211
ASCENT PROTEIN SHIPPING POLICY
For consumer orders, you will receive free ground shipping on all online orders with a dollar value greater than $50.00. All other orders less than $50.00 in value will be charged a $5.00 flat rate to your order for ground shipping. Ascent does not currently ship to Alaska, Hawaii or Puerto Rico on ascentprotein.com.