These bites make for great pre or post-workout fuel and are easy to take on the go!
10 large Medjool dates, pitted
1 ⅓ cups raw cashews
1 scoop Ascent Chocolate Plant Protein Powder
2 tablespoons coconut milk
2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
1 ½ teaspoons cocoa powder
¼ cup desiccated coconut
2 tablespoons freeze-dried berry powder
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- To a food processor add dates, cashews, Ascent Chocolate Plant Protein powder, coconut milk, coconut oil, and cocoa powder. Process until ingredients come together and the dough holds together when you squeeze a bit in your hand. (Note: If dough looks dry, add more coconut milk a teaspoon at a time).
- Using your hands, roll one tablespoonful of the mixture into a ball and place on the prepared baking sheet. Repeat process with remaining dough.
- Place desiccated coconut and berry powder in a shallow rimmed dish. Stir to combine.
- Roll bites in the berry mixture and place back onto the baking sheet. Repeat process with remaining bites.
- Wrap baking sheet in plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator for a minimum of 30 minutes.
- Serve bites chilled.
- Bites will keep for 5 days stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
- To make berry powder: Place a 1.2 ounce bag of freeze dried strawberries or raspberries into a mini food processor. Process until a powder forms. Alternatively, you can use a rolling pin to crush the berries in the bag until a powder forms.
Prep Time: 10 minutes (excludes 30 minute chill time)
Servings: 18-20 bites