Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Servings: About 12 cookies
1 large ripe banana, peeled
¼ cup almond butter
¼ cup milk of choice
¼ cup maple syrup
1 flax egg
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1 cup almond flour, spooned & leveled
¾ cup gluten-free old-fashioned rolled oats
1 scoop Ascent Strawberry Protein powder
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon orange zest
⅛ teaspoon kosher salt
½ cup diced fresh strawberries
½ cup raw or roasted cashews, chopped fine
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line two rimmed baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
- To a large mixing bowl add banana. Use a fork to mash the banana until smooth.
- Add almond butter, milk, maple syrup, flax egg, and vanilla extract to the bowl. Stir until smooth.
- Add the almond flour, oats, Ascent Strawberry Protein Powder, baking powder, orange zest, and kosher salt to the bowl. Use a spatula to stir to combine.
- Fold in the strawberries and cashews.
- Use a ¼ cup measurer to portion mounds of the cookie dough onto the prepared baking sheets, spacing cookies 2-inches apart.
- Place in the oven and bake until golden brown around edges, and top has set, about 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool for 10 minutes on baking sheets before transferring cookies to a wire rack to cool completely.
- To make a flax egg: To a small mixing bowl combine 1 tablespoon flaxseed meal with 2 ½ tablespoons water. Stir until smooth and let thicken for 5 minutes before using.
- Cookies are best enjoyed the day they are made, but will keep in an airtight container stored at room temperature for up to 5 days.