For the bites
10 large Medjool dates, pitted
1 cup raw cashews
1 cup raw pecans or almonds
1 scoop Ascent Chocolate Plant Protein powder
2 tablespoons coconut milk
2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
2 tablespoons cocoa powder
½ teaspoon peppermint extract
⅛ teaspoon kosher salt
For finishing, optional
½ cup desiccated coconut
¼ cup cocoa powder
¼ cup dairy-free chocolate chips
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- To a food processor add dates, cashews, pecans (or almonds), Ascent Chocolate Plant Protein powder, coconut milk, coconut oil, cocoa powder, peppermint extract, and salt. Process until ingredients come together and the dough holds together when you squeeze a bit in your hand. (Note: If dough looks dry, add more coconut milk a teaspoon at a time and blend).
- Using your hands, roll one tablespoonful of the mixture into a ball and place on the prepared baking sheet. Repeat process with remaining dough.
- If desired, roll half of the bites in the desiccated coconut, and half in the cocoa powder. Place bites back onto the prepared baking sheet.
- Place chocolate chips in a microwave safe dish. Warm in 30 second increments until melted, stirring between.
- Place chocolate into a piping bag or ziploc bag. Cut a small hole and drizzle the melted chocolate over the top of the bites.
- Place in the refrigerator for a minimum of 30 minutes. Serve bites chilled.
- Bites will keep for 14 days stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Prep Time: 15 minutes (excludes 30 minute chill time)
Servings: 18-20 bites