2 tablespoons flaxseed meal
2 ¼ cups all-purpose flour (spooned & leveled into the measuring cups)
3 tablespoons coconut sugar
1 scoop Ascent Vanilla Bean Plant Protein Powder
1 tablespoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon fine sea salt
½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
2 ½ cups coconut milk, cold
3 tablespoons lemon juice
3 tablespoons unsalted vegan butter, melted
1 ½ teaspoons vanilla extract
2 small ripe bananas, cut into ¼-inch rounds
½ cup vegan chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Line an 18”x13”(or 12”x18”) rimmed baking pan with parchment paper and coat with cooking spray. Set aside.
- To a small mixing bowl add flaxseed meal and ¼ cup water. Stir to combine and set aside for 10 minutes.
- To a large mixing bowl add flour, coconut sugar, Ascent Vanilla Bean Plant Protein powder, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon. Whisk to combine and set aside.
- To a medium mixing bowl, add coconut milk and lemon juice. Whisk to combine and let sit for 2 minutes. (Note: It should thicken slightly).
- Add flax mixture, melted butter, and vanilla to the bowl. Whisk to combine.
- Pour wet ingredients into the dry. Whisk until smooth.
- Pour the batter into the prepared baking pan. Use a spatula to create an even surface.
- Top batter with sliced bananas and chocolate chips.
- Place in the oven and bake until the pancake puffs, is golden, and springs back to the touch, 10-12 minutes.
- Remove pan from the oven and let cool slightly before cutting. Serve warm with your favorite pancake toppings.
- Other optional pancake toppings: Jam, vegan cream cheese, fresh fruit, toasted coconut, nutella, chopped nuts, citrus zest, and more!
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 10-12 minutes
Try it now
Sorry, there are no products in this collection.