Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
Freeze Time: 1-2 hours
Ingredients24 ounces dairy-free semi-sweet chocolate, chopped
2 cups cashew butter
2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
2 scoops Ascent Chocolate Plant Protein
1 cup walnuts, chopped, plus more for topping
2 teaspoons orange zest, plus more for topping
½ teaspoon flake salt, for topping
- Line an 8-inch x 8-inch baking pan with parchment paper or wax paper. Set aside.
- Place chocolate in a microwave safe dish and place in the microwave. Melt chocolate in 30-second increments, stirring as needed, and checking to make sure it doesn’t burn.
- Once melted, add cashew butter and vanilla extract. Usea spatula to stir to combine.
- Add the protein powder and mix immediately. It will firm up a bit, and should have a cookie dough-like texture.
- Fold in the walnuts and orange zest.
- Transfer fudge to the prepared baking dish and smooth the surface.
- Top with more walnuts, orange zest, and flake salt.
- Place in the refrigerator until firm, 1-2 hours.
- When ready to serve, cut into roughly 2-inch squares.
- Fudge will keep in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 1 week, or in the freezer for up to 1 month.