Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 15-20 minutes
Servings: 1 dozen cookies
1 large ripe banana, peeled
¼ cup pumpkin puree
¼ cup alternative milk of choice
¼ cup maple syrup
1 flax egg (see notes)
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1 cup almond flour, spooned & leveled
¾ cup gluten-free old-fashioned rolled oats
1 scoop Ascent Vanilla Plant Protein
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
¼ teaspoon ground ginger
¼ teaspoon ground cloves
⅛ teaspoon kosher salt
½ cup dairy-free semi-sweet mini chocolate chips, optional
½ cup raw or roasted pecan pieces
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line two rimmed baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
- To a large mixing bowl add banana. Use a fork to mash the banana until smooth.
- Add pumpkin puree, milk, maple syrup, flax egg, and vanilla extract to the bowl. Stir until smooth.
- Add the almond flour, oats, Ascent Vanilla Plant Protein, baking powder, cinnamon, ginger, cloves, and kosher salt to the bowl. Use a spatula to stir to combine.
- Fold in the chocolate chips and pecan pieces.
- Use a ¼ cup measurer to portion mounds of the cookie dough onto the prepared baking sheets, spacing cookies 2-inches apart.
- Place in the oven and bake until cookies are browned, have set, and tops are dry, 15-20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool for 10 minutes on baking sheets before transferring cookies to a wire rack to cool completely.
- To make a flax egg: To a small mixing bowl combine 1 tablespoon ground flaxseed with 2 ½ tablespoons water. Stir until smooth and let thicken for 5 minutes before using.
- Cookies are best enjoyed the day they are made, but will keep in an airtight container stored at room temperature for up to 5 days.