10 cups (12 oz) Rice Krispies or Cocoa Krispies cereal
2 scoops Ascent Chocolate Whey Protein powder
⅔ cup chocolate chips
⅓ cup butterscotch chips
1 teaspoon flake salt, plus more for topping
¾ cup (1 ½ sticks) unsalted butter
12 cups (20 oz) mini marshmallows
- Coat a 9x13-inch baking dish with cooking spray. Set aside.
- Coat a large mixing bowl with cooking spray. Add cereal, Ascent Chocolate Whey protein powder, chocolate chips, butterscotch chips, and salt to the bowl. Stir to combine and set aside.
- Warm a large saucepan over medium-low heat. Add butter to pan. Butter will melt, foam, and sizzle as brown specks appear on the bottom of the pan. When the aroma of the pan is nutty and the butter is a toasty-brown color, add marshmallows and stir together until smooth.
Remove from heat.
- Pour warm butter and marshmallow mixture into cereal bowl and mix until combined.
- Pour cereal and marshmallow mixture into prepared dish. Oil your hands and press mixture into the dish until the top is a smooth, even layer.
- Top with additional flake salt. Let cool completely before cutting into 24 2-inch squares. Wrap leftovers in plastic wrap.